Anyway, to answer your burning questions: YES, I went to VFW. My lovely model friend (she could be one, I swear, she's so tall!) agreed to come with, and I am so grateful (: I had fun even though I was exhausted from school and the long rides to Robson and back.
|My gorgeous friend, Nancy <3|
1) "Fashion shows never start promptly," to paraphrase a stylish experienced fashion-show-goer lady that Nancy had a chance to talk to. And yup, this one definitely didn't.
2) Everyone is dressed to the TENS. Excluding the photographers, that is, who probably don't really care how they look because they're behind the camera. Everyone else is dressed to the tens. People really want to make a good appearance and get noticed!
3) There will be people who are dressed Lady-Gaga-crazy (as I call it) to either gain media attention, or just to stand out from the crowd, and then people who dress normally. My friend and I were dressed normally, if you were wondering (;
4) All the photographers are clustered together like... a hive of bees at the end of the runway, and only a few brave bees will venture further along the runway to take close pictures of the various outfits. Their cameras were shuttering without pause at nearly 100 km/hr, it seemed!
5) Important people get better spots. I think this one goes unsaid. (Nancy and I were third row, end of runway.)
6) There are age minimums for certain shows... Thank God they didn't check our ID's though, because I'm pretty sure we weren't supposed to see the striptease for the last collection of lingerie. But we did. Hahahah
7) Fashion shows are a great place to promote yourself and your company. A couple of people handed us cards, including a girl who's studying fashion design, and a guy who's managing his own photography business.
|the cluster of photogs|
Nancy had a few connections, and we saw one of her school friends at the show, advertising for a brand of fruit juice; we scored 4 bottles of it hahahah. Her friend was dressed in the latest fashions of course, as seen here:
|photos (c) Nancy Jiang and Sunny Chen|
And it turns out that our photos were more blurry than we expected, so you guys should just take a look at the photos posted by the official photogs at VFW, here!
Our personal favourite collection was Valeria Moda, with the plethora of leather styles and cool geometric, utilitarian garb. Oh and the male models were insanely hot; I never realized how many hot male models were living in Vancouver. (I will post some specific outfits we loved at the show in another post! So stay tuned.)